All techies. I am more happy to share with you the technique to get the income from affiliate programs. The affiliate marketing is on of the major income sources for for the BLOGGERS and WEB DEVELOPERS .I will be blogging a series on affiliate marketing from now.
So rather than waiting let directly go to the main content. First of all we need to know ,
what is affiliate marketing exactly and how does it work actually?
Ans: The ansswer is very simple. It is nothing but promoting the products of any merchant on your blog or site and getting income(commission) on the products those are sold from your site’s or Blog’s referral..
How does it work?
So from the above diagram, you must have understood the whole process of affiliate marketing. Its a very simple process like any other retail business.
Here are some of the common terms associated with Affiliate marketing:
- Affiliates: Publisher like me and you who are using affiliate program links to promote and make sale.
- Affiliate link: Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to track the progress of your affiliate promotion.
- Affiliate ID: Similar as Affiliate link, but in this case many affiliate programs offer a unique ID, which you can add to any page of product site with ?affiliate ID.
- Payment mode: Different affiliate program offers different mode of payment. For ex: Check, Wire transfer, Paypal and many more.
- Affiliate manager: Many companies have dedicated affiliate manager to help publishers and make them earn more and give them optimization tips.
- Commission percentage/amount: The amount or percentage of sales amount you will be getting as an affiliate income for every sale.
- 2 Tier affiliate marketing: This is a great way of making money from affiliate program. In this, you recommend others to join affiliate programs and you will get a commission out of it, when sub-affiliate make a sales. More like MLM (Multi-level) marketing. Also popularly known as Sub-affiliate commission.
- Custom Affiliate Income/ account: Unlike a generic affiliate account, many companies offer custom affiliate income to people making most affiliate sales for them.
- Link clocking: Most of affiliate tracking links are ugly and using a Link clocking technique like URL shorteners, Gocodes plugin, you can turn ugly looking links into human readable links.
- Custom coupons: Many Programs let affiliates to create custom coupon, which is also used to track sales. Also, custom discount coupons help you
For companies who offer an affiliate program, this is one of the best way to get free promotion and save on advertising. For example, when ever you see coupons or discounted links, most of the time such links are affiliate links, and when you make a purchase, webmasters make money out it.
Let me tell one that any affiliate program is absolutely free. you will not have to pay a single penny to become a business partner. That is the biggest advantage of affiliate marketing. There might be some other questions in your mind about the affiliate i will try to answer some of those in my post 1.0.1 .
How to chose a affiliate program for your site.?
What are the different affiliate programs available for your site?
What are commissions rates of different affiliates?
How to register for those?