Well, it is very simple to connect 3G dongle to Smartphone devices and access the internet on smart devices or tablets. Let’s find out how we can do this.
You need to have below pre-requisites items :
1) A working 3G dongle ( ZTE, Huaweii etc.. modems supporting different telecom operators like TATA Docomo photon 3G, Reliance Netconnect, Idea Netsetter, Airtel 3G etc..)
2) A rooted Smartphone or Tablet.
3) PPP widget application (You can get it from Google Playstore).
4) OTG cable to connect your 3G dongle to smart devices. (Available on flipkart for around Rs 90)
Here are the steps you need to follow :
1) First make sure your smartphone or tablet is rooted. You can root your device with many applications available in Google play store.
2) Download the PPP widget from the Google Playstore. It is hardly around 400KB file.
3) Once installed, drag the PPP widget from the widgets menu to the main screen of your smartphone.
3) Now connect your 3G dongle to the smartphone device using the OTG cable.
4) Once connected, the PPP widget will automatically the detect the 3G dongle modem.
5) Once detected, you need to configure the Access Point Number (APN) of your telecom operator in the configuration setting of the PPP widget.(e.g. APN for TATA docomo – TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET ). For other network providers you can get the APN on their respective official website.
6) There are 2 button available on PPP widget 1) Connect and 2. Configure For setting the APN, click on “Configure” button and a setting menu will open. Type the APN for your network provider and save the settings.
7) Now click on “Connect” and your 3G dongle is connected and now can use internet on our smartphone without any problems.
That’s all friends, I hope you find this post helpful.
Do hit ‘Like‘ or post ‘Comments‘ about your views about this post.