Before going in details of this plugin let me quickly take you through some facts about your website security.
On an average nearly 30000 websites have been hacked everyday.
More the 1 M websites face the spamming issue every day.
WordPress sites are the simple targets to the hackers, because the wordpress sites lacks in security because of the different plugins those are installed in the websites.
i Themes Security plugin provides the high level of security to your blogs or websites from such kind of the attacks. i Themes basically stops the BOTS and the falls attackers to learn much about our site admin and the log in procedure.
WARNING : I recommend you to use this plugin but before going for the same please once go through the FAQs of the plugin, because its a security related issue of your content, It should be checked because false installation may make your content unavailable.
Following are the top features of the i-Themes Security Plugin:
- Changes the URLs for WordPress dashboard areas including login, admin and more
- Completely turns off the ability to login for a given time period (away mode)
- Removes the meta “Generator” tag
- Removes theme, plugin, and core update notifications from users who do not have permission to update them
- Removes Windows Live Write header information
- Removes RSD header information
- Renames “admin” account
- Changes the ID on the user with ID 1
- Changes the WordPress database table prefix
- Changes wp-content path
- Removes login error messages
- Displays a random version number to non administrative users
- Scans your site to instantly report where vulnerabilities exist and fixes them in seconds
- Prevents brute force attacks by banning hosts and users with too many invalid login attempts.
- Strengthens server security.
- Enforces strong passwords for all accounts of a configurable minimum role.
- Forces SSL for admin pages (on supporting servers).
- Forces SSL for any page or post (on supporting servers).
- Turns off file editing from within WordPress admin area.
- Detects and blocks numerous attacks to your filesystem and database.
- Detects bots and other attempts to search for vulnerabilities
- Monitors filesystem for unauthorized changes
- Receive email notifications when someone gets locked out after too many failed login attempts or when a file on your site has been changed.
- Makes it easier for users not accustomed to WordPress to remember login and admin URLs by customizing default admin URLs
- Detects hidden 404 errors on your site that can affect your SEO such as bad links and missing images
- Removes the existing jQuery version used and replaces it with a safe version (the version that comes default with WordPress).